Denver Broncos fans vented their frustration at quarterback Russell Wilson’s tweets after another loss Sunday (Nov. 27) in a disappointing season, some of them calling him “tone deaf,” Broncos Wire reports.
The Broncos fell 10-23 on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, marking the team’s eighth loss in a season many expected them to compete for the AFC West and perhaps the Super Bowl, CBS Sports reported.
In March, the Broncos traded five draft picks, including two first-round selections, to the Seattle Seahawks to acquire the star quarterback. Six months later, Wilson, 33, and the Broncos agreed to a whopping $245 million, five year extension of his contract.
Expectations were high for Wilson, who won the 2014 Super Bowl against Denver. Many Broncos fans are fuming about the team’s poor offense, ranked last in the NFL in points per game.
“It’s unacceptable. Bottom line. This organization. This tradition here. Everything else, we got to honor it. We got to honor it by winning. We got to honor it by our work ethic. Continue to work hard. We got to go out there and play,” Wilson said after the loss to the Panthers, according to MileHighReport.com.
But fans say they want to see Wilson tweeting less and focusing more on winning games. A slow-motion video posted to Wilson’s Twitter account on Sunday appeared to strike a nerve.
One person tweeted, “Who posts this? Who says to their social media team ‘hey let’s get a slow mo shot of me walking into the stadium despite me throwing less TD’s on the season than I have bathrooms in my mansion?’ Cringe. Corny. Tone deaf.”
Former Broncos offensive lineman Tyler Polubus tweeted, “I would love to see Russell’s social media team just go into the bunker and stop posting stuff. …Start winning games, then come back w/ slo mo.”
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024