(Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images for The Critics' Choice Awards )
According to TMZ, NBC has fired back, with the network's execs saying they believed he had "disparaged the network."
In a lengthy Facebook post, the actor/comedian added that he decided not to return to the popular show after the network asked him to tone down his "Blackness" in his recent Showtime special.
"I wish AGT and NBC the best in its upcoming season but I can not see myself returning," he wrote.
According to Page Six, NBC network insiders denied Cannon's claims that they were threatening to fire him following the joke. They also added that unless he is seeking legal complications due to his contract bound agreement to the show, he would likely return and not follow through with his Facebook post.
NBC network executives have also reportedly been trying to reach Cannon, but have not received an answer.
See how the comedian's fans reacted to the situation, below:
See Nick Cannon supporting Black Lives Matter in the BET Breaks video, above.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024