(Photo by Michael Kovac/Getty Images for March of Dimes )
Jennifer Hudson and her ex-fiancé, David Otunga, are currently in the midst of a nasty court battle, and the most recent reported developments see the singer refuse to agree to one of his mandates.
According to The Blast, court documents show that Hudson is refusing to cover the former wrestler's housing costs and is strongly suggesting that he simply get a job to support himself.
In the docs, Otunga reportedly explained that the Oscar winner should pay him, as he has been the primary caregiver for their son for some time. Hudson reportedly claims that his words are false as he was often on the road with the WWE.
Elsewhere in the court docs, Hudson accused Otunga of trying to pursue "a career path identical to hers as evidenced by his promoting himself for his role in Madea's Family Funeral," which she says goes against his claim that her career made her an inadequate parent.
"To accept David's proposition that because he is present, he is a better parent would be to do a disservice to working parents in general and to Jennifer in particular," her documents read, with her counsel adding, "Nothing entitles David to live in a home identical to Jennifer's."
She concluded by reiterating that it is not her responsibility to support a grown man and further denied "that the child support should extend to housing subsidies for David when the parties were never married."
The site further reported that while Hudson and Otunga were set to go to trial later this month, both parties agreed to postpone with the hopes of reaching a settlement. A new hearing is set for May 2019.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024