(Photo: Gilles Mingasson via Getty Images)
Saweetie has emerged as one of the hottest influencers on Instagram! And in case you haven’t gotten the memo, this is only the start for the Tap In rapper who continuously keeps her fans engaged with creative, stylish, and in some cases hilarious content.
Recently crowned the Queen Of Reels, the California-born beauty has successfully used her downtime during the pandemic to rethink her social media presence. Leveraging her musical talent, out-of-the-box wit, and flawless glam proved to be a winning trifecta in racking up hundreds of millions of views on her videos. Even her talking Birkin bags (@birkinbagbratz) have a cult-like following!
We recently had the opportunity to chat with the University of Southern California graduate about how she’s managed to build her "eight-figure" Instagram account, and we’re pleased to tell you that she didn’t hold back her biggest secrets. She even dished on how conceptualizes her most viral videos—which may be more complicated than you’d initially think.
“When the energy and passion is there, creating a Reels video is quick and spare of the moment,” Saweetie tells us exclusively. She continues, “Then there are times when it can take up to a week with reshoots. It can sometimes take me three days to get the content right.”
Arriving to our virtual Zoom chat sporting a fierce 70’s-inspired hairdo, which she remixed with bright red hair dye, it is hard to ignore that Saweetie enjoys expressing herself through glam. “I keep it nice and fresh [on my timeline],” she tells us about her love for hair, makeup, and nails.
“The reason why people know that I love my hair and my nails is because I share that. Whenever I post something it is with intention and purpose,” she adds. “If I didn’t post and enlighten people on my beauty interests, no one would know. Perfection and top-tier content are the reasons why I am who I am today. It’s really important.”
When we asked the rapper how she goes about drawing inspiration for her next look, music, and IG video, she simply responded, “Life.”
“I’m serious. I get inspiration from everywhere,” she explains. “For example, I’ll see a fly lady pumping her gas at the gas station, and take a picture of her hairstyle and be like, ‘I want this next.’”
Keep scrolling to see some of Saweetie’s most viral Reels on Instagram, along with her personal tips to building your very own "eight-figure" brand on IG.
UNDERSTAND YOUR AUDIENCE BY READING YOUR COMMENTS AND USING AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT AS FEEDBACK TO IMPROVE.
IDENTIFY YOUR BRAND AND TAKE INTO ACCOUNT HOW YOU WANT YOUR VIEWERS TO PERCEIVE YOU.
CREATE ORIGINAL AND CREATIVE CONTENT TO KEEP YOUR AUDIENCE INTRIGUED.
KEEP YOUR CONTENT CONCISE TO AVOID OVERLOADING YOUR FANS WITH INFORMATION. REMEMBER: THE AVERAGE ATTENTION SPAN IS AROUND 15 SECS.
If you believe you’ve gotten something out of Saweetie's Reels tips, try creating your own Instagram Reel using the hashtag #ExtraIcy.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024