Televangelist Pat Robertson holds many convictions in his heart, but, apparently, knowing what’s on the Thanksgiving menu in the homes of African-Americans is not one of them.
On his 700 Club show on Wednesday, Robertson showed a clip from co-host Kristi Watts’s interview with Condoleezza Rice, in which Rice says her favorite Thanksgiving treat is macaroni and cheese.
Following the snippet, Robertson turns to Watts, who is Black, and asks inquisitively: “What is this mac ‘n’ cheese? Is that a Black thing?”
Yes, you read that right.
Ever more perplexing, Watts, who said she shares a love for the rich and creamy dish, responded, “It is a Black thing, Pat,” and that the world “needs to get on board.” After which, the two chuckled about the awkward exchange.
Robertson’s off-putting comments have drawn ire from critics in the past. He infamously said that the earthquake that ravaged Haiti last January was the result of the Haitian people’s “pact made with the devil” and said that divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer's disease is justifiable.
Do you think Robertson’s comments were out of line?
BET National News — Keep up-to-date with breaking news stories from around the nation, including headlines from the hip hop and entertainment world.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024