Spencer Platt/Getty Images
The gaffe king strikes again.
Presidential candidate Donald Trump seemed to have Slurpees, or maybe Beyoncé, on the brain — can you blame him? — during a rally in New York City on Tuesday, the day of the state's primary, when he confused 9/11 with 7/11.
"I wrote this out, and it's very close to my heart" the Republican frontrunner said. "Because I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down. And I saw the greatest people I've ever seen in action." Despite the collective gasp, Trump did not correct himself.
Trump is projected to win the vast majority of New York State's 95 delegates in the New York primary, which has many New Yorkers shaking their heads. Delvin James spoke to CNN saying, "My response is, wow. Every time. I always go, wow." The 40-year-old Harlem native continued, "Any other country, they have a representative here in New York. He's already offended everybody in the whole world except white Americans."
Of course, Twitter had quite a bit to say about Trump mistaking our nation's darkest hour with a convenience store or Bey's ratchet anthem:
Despite this, and despite the laundry list of flubs, lies, and political missteps he has made throughout his campaign, Trump seems to be on his way to the Republican nomination.
At a different rally, Trump mocked something that would single-handedly ruin most presidential campaigns — Eric Garner's last words — but his supporters probably loved it. Catch up on Trump's most recent attack on Black Americans with BET News:
(Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024