Over the holiday weekend, the fashion world was extremely saddened when news broke that fashion designer Virgil Abloh passed away at age 41.
For those who may not know, Virgil Abloh became a household name thanks to his out-of-the-box designs that beautifully merged streetwear and luxury. The boundary-breaking creator even landed a position as the artistic director for Louis Vuitton’s menswear collection.
According to a statement posted by Abloh's Instagram page, the Off-White founder passed away from cardiac angiosarcoma—a rare cancer he chose to privately handle after his diagnosis in 2019.
“We are devastated to announce the passing of our beloved Virgil Abloh, a fiercely devoted father, husband, son, brother, and friend,” read the social media post. “He is survived by his loving wife Shannon Abloh, his children Lowe Abloh and Grey Abloh, his sister Edwina Abloh, his parents Nee and Eunice Abloh, and numerous dear friends and colleagues.”
Even with his passing, Abloh continues to receive praise for his contributions to the fashion world. Below, see how the fashion community is extending their condolences and remembering the design visionary with social media tributes. Even celebrities are taking to social media. Rest In Power, Virgil.
Kristen Noel Crawley
Odell Beckham Jr.
Tracee Ellis Ross
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024