Ever wish you could actually get paid for sharing your shopping finds with friends? Well, there’s an app for that, too.
COSIGN is a new lifestyle app that rewards users for sharing the products they “cosign” on, bringing a new twist to the role of word-of-mouth marketing. Here’s how it works: take a picture of an item, let’s say a dress you spied at your favorite store, then “tag” it with the brand name, store location or retailer, and price. Then, share it with your friends via social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. If a purchase is made from your photo, you’ll earn cash and rewards.
Additionally, COSIGN has partnered with over 1,200 brands and retailers including Macy’s and Walmart to create a database of more than 13 million products that users can tag and upload in categories such as beauty and wellness, clothing and accessories, food and drink, travel and more.
"It was important for us to ensure that a wide variety of products were available," COSIGN co-founder Abiodun Johnson told the Huffington Post. After a chance meeting on a subway platform, he joined forces with Esosa Ighodaro, a former marketing executive for CitiGroup, to put the power of influence back into the hands of consumers. "To know you can Cosign anything from your favorite dress to your favorite detergent makes this something any consumer can use," he said.
As far as word of mouth goes, COSIGN is already garnering a reputation. In September, business mogul Russell Simmons partnered with the app to be the exclusive Livestream destination for his Argyleculture Spring/Summer 2015 menswear runway show.
As of Nov. 6, the app’s Kickstarter campaign has raised $7,480 dollars of its $40,000 goal, which has a deadline of November 17. Johnson and Ighodaro plan to formally launch the app for both Apple and Android devices ahead of the 2014 holiday season. Click here if you’d like to contribute to the Kickstarter campaign, and tell us: Would you make the app your new go-to for shopping and sharing?
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024