Bennett Raglin/BET/Getty Images for BET
Actor Boris Kodjoe gave fans yet another reason to love him. Not only is the Addicted star easy on the eyes, a solid actor and a great husband, he’s also an awesome father.
Kodjoe penned a happy birthday letter to his 10-year old daughter Sophie on Facebook. In it he praised the courageous strength of his daughter, who has battled spina bifida from birth. Spina bifida is a neural birth defect that causes leg, bowel and bladder damage. Some of the loving letter’s highlights include:
“The day I met your mother I knew I was ready to be a man. The day I met you I became one,” writes Kodjoe. “You’ve shown me what true strength and courage is and you taught me that love of faith and the faith in love is one and the same.”
He continues, “I marvel at the confidence with which you produce miracle after miracle. You smile your way through life and light touches everyone around you.” Kodjoe finishes with, “I’m proud of you because you are your mother’s daughter, I’m proud of you because you are Sophie Tei-Naaki Lee Kodjoe. Happy 10th Birthday my little heart. I love you more than you will ever believe.”
What a beautiful and wonderful father’s tribute to his daughter! We’re sure Sophie is equally proud of her father as well.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Bennett Raglin/BET/Getty Images for BET)
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Talks Her New Book ‘Far Beyond Gold Running From Fear To FaithIn her memoir, the Olympic gold medalist explores her journey and all the obstacles she had to overcome to become one of the greatest track and field athletes ever.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024