(Photo by Jeff Neira/ABC via Getty Images)
Former President Barack Obama is having a birthday bash to celebrate his 60th birthday and rumor has it that the event is expected to be an extravagant affair.
“It's going to be big,” a source told the Hill and, honestly, by the looks of his 50th — where he dropped a cool $35,800 — there’s a strong possibility this birthday party will be epic.
Initially it was reported by Axios that the Obamas will hold the star-studded event at their $11.75 million, 30-acre oceanfront mansion in Martha's Vineyard, where a confirmed 475 guests along with 200 staff will work the event. However, today (August 4), sources confirmed to BET.com that the new spread of the Delta variant over the past week has shifted those plans. Instead, the President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and close friends and gratefully receive birthday wishes from afar. The former First couple looks forward to seeing people soon.
Names of the guests who are on that elite list have not been disclosed although the usual suspects — the Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney and Stephen Spielbergs’ of the world — are suspected to be in attendance. His pal and former vice president and now President Joe Biden, however, will not be in attendance, Axios reports.
Although Martha’s Vineyard is not an area of substantial or high transmission of COVID-19 at this time, it’s reported that public safety is being taken very seriously and strict protocols are in place for all guests. One of which, Axios says, includes mandatory vaccinations and all invitees must submit their negative test results to a COVID-coordinator within a certain time window before the event. The party will also be held outdoors.
Instead of gifts, guests have been asked to consider donating to programs that work to support boys, young men of color and their families in the United States, empower adolescent girls around the world, and equip the next generation of emerging community leaders.
The agenda for the party nor list of performers have yet to be disclosed for what is arguably the hottest ticket in town.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024