It's that time of year: kids are gearing up for the upcoming school year. This time can be challenging and exciting with so much to accomplish. Thankfully, there are a few good citizens doing the work to make it less stressful. One happens to be Kevin Hart. The father of four has teamed up with The Children's Place, the specialty retailer of children's apparel and accessories. Together they plan to make a lasting impression on the kids of East Harlem.
On Tuesday, the comedian participated in the ribbon-cutting ceremony for The Children Place's first community learning center at NYC Parks' Thomas Jefferson Recreation Center. This is a part of the children's retailer's 2022 Back-to-School campaign, where they "revitalize 10 public spaces in local communities as learning centers across the country and donate books, school supplies, and products to today's youth."
The actor gave away school supplies to families in need and even read an excerpt from his children's book "Marcus Makes a Movie" which was released in 2021. The book is described as 'an illustrated middle-grade novel about a boy who has big dreams of making a blockbuster superhero film. Hart said during the opening ceremony, "Whether opening a new book, taking on a new challenge in the classroom, or making memories with fellow students, these are the times that most impact a child's life."
For Hart, he believes that this space "incentivizes kids to create, to be active, to dream." The world could use more dreamers, and what a meaningful way to pour back into the community than to make sure they have a space to do just that.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024