Hip Hop legends Eminem and Snoop Dogg will join forces on stage at the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards this weekend for a metaverse-inspired performance of their latest single, “From the D 2 the LBC.”
This will mark both Em and Snoop’s first time performing at the annual event in over a decade. Billed as “a first-of-its-kind performance… inspired by the world of the Otherside metaverse,” a virtual gaming world that is not yet fully developed but is designed to use NFTs and a cryptocurrency called ApeCoin, Pitchfork reported.
Em and Snoop were last seen together at the Super Bowl LVI halftime show earlier this year. The first ever hip-hop-centered show featured several co-headliners, including Dr. Dre, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, and a special guest appearance by rapper 50 Cent.
The 2022 MTV Video Music Awards will take place on Sunday, August 28, at 8 p.m. Eastern. Snoop and Eminem are nominated in the Best Hip Hop category for “From the D 2 the LBC.” Kendrick, Drake, Megan Thee Stallion, and Jack Harlow are among this year’s nominees.
- 'Who TF Did I Marry?’ 50-Part Confession Series Takes Over TikTokReesa Teesa took to the app to reveal how her journey in love took her down a rabbit hole filled with lies and deception.02/21/2024
- Beyoncé Makes History As the First Black Woman To Reach No. 1 On the Country ChartSince Feb 15, "Texas Hold Em" has accumulated more than 19.2 million official streams.02/21/2024
- Hydeia Broadbent, Prominent AIDS Activist and Motivational Speaker, Dies at 39She famously appeared on “A Conversation with Magic Johnson” at six years old where she discussed HIV awareness.02/21/2024
- Keke Palmer Sings ‘Inseparable’ In Honor Of Her Parents And Son Leo“I guess that’s what real love makes you feel,” said the Emmy winner.02/21/2024
- Paula Patton Gushes Over New Boyfriend“You are one of my greatest blessings!” said the actor.02/21/2024
- Chicago's Global House Music Pioneer Terry Hunter Is Still Making WavesFrom his underground hit ‘Madness’ in 1990 to remixing legends like Michael Jackson and Chaka Khan, the Grammy nominee reflects on Chicago's music legacy, the birth of house music, and his latest venture into the world of documentary with BET.com.02/21/2024