Five Baltimore City students found out they’re getting their college paid for in an incredible surprise of a lifetime on Monday (April 4).
Representatives from McDaniel College surprised the students Monday morning, spreading joy around the school.
The recipients include Coppin Academy’s Azzure Brooks, Jay Artis of Green Street Academy, Kevin Quintanilla of Academy for College and Career Exploration, and Baltimore Polytechnic Institute’s Whitney Patterson and John Anthony Pitogo. All recipients were among the top achievers in their respective schools.
“Even when there were days when I didn’t want to get up and go to school and still going to school, just paid off,” Brooks said, according to WJZ. “I plan on majoring in cybersecurity, and I definitely plan to commit to McDaniel now that I have a scholarship.”
“I’m honestly astonished,” Patterson told the news station. “I’m really surprised that I was able to get the scholarship.”
“It’s extremely exciting because [McDaniel] is one of my top choices so it feels great to, you know, get the scholarship,” Pitogo added.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024