On Wednesday (May 25) Jordyn Woods and boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns were guests at the White House as President Joe Biden signed into law the Police Reform Bill on the second anniversary of George Floyd’s murder.
"The executive order promotes accountability," Biden said of the momentous order. "It creates a new national law-enforcement accountability database to track records of misconduct so that an officer can't hide the misconduct. It mandates all federal agents wear and activate body cameras while on patrol."
Additionally, Biden explained that the order also bans chokeholds, restricts no-knock warrants, tightens use-of-force policies, and implements new regulations for recruiting and retraining law enforcement with public safety at the top of mind.
A day later, the entrepreneur and NBA star shared photos from the event, including a picture of themselves walking through the White House.
"Walking In Power," Woods captioned a post on Instagram. "For those of you wondering why we were at the White House, @karltowns, my other half, does countless things for social justice and has done a lot in his community especially where he plays basketball (Minnesota), where the George Floyd incident took place," Woods captioned photos on her own Instagram account. "This is just the start of different initiatives we are working on behind the scenes to help make this world a better place for our peers and for our youth."
Jordyn also shared photos of herself and Towns standing with Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, George Floyd’s 8-year-old daughter, Gianna Floyd, Floyd’s brothers, and Breonna Taylor’s mother.
“Today was an honor being able to witness a step in the right direction towards police reform in our country. As well as the 2-year remembrance of George Floyd," Woods wrote. "Pictured are some of the beautiful women I got to meet today, @kamalaharris @vp, Breonna Taylor's mother @tamikalpalmer, and George Floyd's beautiful daughter and sisters. This is a day I'll never forget. ❤️ Their strength can inspire us all."
See both posts below.
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024