Keke Palmer stays on our radar and after an iconic hosting stint on Saturday Night Live and a surprise pregnancy announcement, the 29-year-old is continuing to be an inspiration. The actress kicked off her movie acting career when she was just 9 after she scored her first acting role in Barbershop 2: Back in Business, since she has kept her foot on the gas and remains booked and always busy!
Palmer starred in her own show True Jackson, VP on Nickelodeon in 2008, which ran for three seasons. Other notable credits include Akeelah and the Bee, Hustlers, and Nope. She also voiced a role in the Pixar film Lightyear and served as the co-host of Good Morning America’s segment, Strahan, Sara & Keke.
Most recently, she debuted her own digital platform, KeyTV, a digital network that she said will focus on “spotlighting a new generation of creators.”
If you are still not fully familiar with Ms. Palmer (we don’t see how you couldn’t be), BET.com has curated an essential movie list, that highlights Palmer’s most iconic role on the big screen.
Akeelah and the Bee
Keke Palmer starred as Akeelah, a young girl from South Los Angeles who tries to make it to the National Spelling Bee. The 2006 film also stars Laurence Fishburne and Angela Bassett and took home 11 different awards, including the 2007 Young Artists Award for "Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actress".
Keke Palmer is now being named one of the best ‘final girls’ in horror movies after her performance as Emerald in Jordan Peele’s Nope alongside Daniel Kaluuya. In the movie, Palmer’s character taps into her entrepreneurial dreams and turns the wild incident of being stalked by aliens into money-making profit.
In this sexy film, Palmer plays a dancer in New York City named Mercedes who is apart of the Vegas crime ring including Cardi B, Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu.
In Brotherly Love this film takes place in Philadelphia follows the Taylor family as they navigate the hardships in their lives. Palmer's character, Jackie tries her best to focus on school and music despite the complicated family life she is intertwined in.
The Disney Channel Original Movie follows the fictional all-Black Hot Chili Steppers double dutch team stars Palmer as Mary, who is a competitive double dutcher, opposite her friend Izzy (played by Corbin Bleu).
In the is musical dramedy, Palmer plays Queen Latifah's daughter (Olivia) as the pair play opposite of Dolly Parton, in this film the trio fight over control of their small town church's choir after the untimely death of the choir director.
Palmer takes on a dramatic role in this thriller as an enslaved woman who escapes from a plantation in Georgia onto a road in the future in 1973. Alice later uses her newfound freedom to seek revenge.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024