Don't be confused; the high pony is more than just an ordinary hairstyle. In Black and Brown communities, it's a rite of passage and the heartbeat of our community.
From once being worn for work purposes only to rocking on blockbuster red carpets and beyond, the high ponytail has evolved, and with every iteration, it remains a staple in salons from coast to coast.
With stellar creativity deeply rooted within our identity, our culture has elevated this popular hairstyle, branding it iconic.
Here is a list of some of our queens who made a statement while wearing the classic style.
Sheesh, don't hurt 'em! Lori Harvey rocked this braided pony with her signature baby hairs and a sultry pose for the win.
Ashanti is stealing hearts this season, and we're here for it. The singer went for a sleek and sexy pony, and this style has never been better.
Big Bawse Energy! Keke Palmer was jeweled out with a smokey eye and an ultra-high style for her performance at Broccoli City.
Marsai Martin is a rising mogul who knows how to stunt on the girls every time! Baby hairs and tight curls, need we say more?
This is her world, and we're just living in it. Gabrielle Union was preppy and posh in Prada from head to toe during Milan Fashion Week. Her best accessory? A winning strut.
Issa Rae is that Barbie! With a trophy smile and a million-dollar wave, this beauty is unstoppable.
Now we know this bombshell is all about white! Lisa Raye wore a knockout dress with a braided pony with touches of green. OK, Lisa!
If you didn't know, Cynthia Bailey is the main character. Now you know, and oh, this slick back look is A1.
It's like Kandi! She amplified this style with volume on top of volume. Get it, girl!
Brace yourself because Brandee Evans is coming for our necks! This showstopper took the classic pony up a notch with a set of cornrows.
We can count on Tems not to follow trends but to make them. At this year's Vanity Fair party, she donned a medium-length pony with a blunt cut.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024