Lupita Nyong’o is proud to have a supportive community around her.
With a heart full of gratitude, the “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” star took to social media on Saturday (Oct. 21) to thank followers who showered her with love after announcing she and boyfriend Selema Masekela have gone their separate ways, as reported by PEOPLE.
"Thank you for all the kindness I have received from sharing my heartbreak news," the Oscar winner wrote in a post on her Instagram story. "The words of encouragement mean more to me than I anticipated. They are a balm."
"And it feels comforting to have a little corner online for the romantically heartbroken to gather.”
The actor also said that her fans "shared resources that have helped you move through the pain," including "songs, poems, books, quotes.”
Since her posts over the weekend, Nyong’o has continued to lean into the motivation from her online community by sharing words of wisdom that have been sent to her. One of the posts is of sentiments from Janet Jackson’s hair stylist, Larry Sims: “I promise you it will elevate the level in which you’re able to love yourself & other. This too shall pass,” the post read in part.
Last week, Nyong’o shared news of her breakup from Masekela in an emotional message on the same platform.
“I find myself in a season of heartbreak because of a love suddenly and devastatingly extinguished by deception.”
“I am tempted to run into the shadows and hide, only to return to the light when I have regained my strength enough for me to say, ‘Whatever, my life is better this way.’ But I am reminded that the magnitude of the pain I am feeling is equal to the measure of my capacity for love.”
The couple went Instagram official in Dec. 2022 and often created cute reels, highlighting their shared style. The star has since scrubbed all posts of Masekela from the platform.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024