(Photo by Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic)
TMZ caught up with the Beninese-American actor outside a Los Angeles Social Services building on Monday. When asked how he spent his Father's Day, he admitted that he hasn't been able to contact his son, Kenzo, and "can't recall" the last time he saw him.
"It would have also been nice, if I couldn't see him, to at least talk to him, right?" the Oscar-nominated actor said. "Like all fathers, right?"
When asked to specify how long it has been since he's seen his 10-year-old, he flashed five fingers, but did not specify if his gesture represented weeks or months.
"I can't even recall myself, how about that?" he added.
The actor and model later specified, though, that he is not in a nasty custody battle with the Baby Phat founder over their son, despite how things may seem.
"Listen, bro, it's no custody battle," he said. "I'm not in a lawyer's office, am I?"
Though he did not speak ill of his ex-wife during the exchange, when asked if he had any questions for her, he scoffed and closed his car door, forcefully.
Though things appear to be strained between Hounsou and Simmons, he posted a photo of him and their son this past Sunday, captioned, "#happyFathersDay to all fathers #KLH."
Take a look, below:
Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou dated for five years between 2007 and 2012. Kenzo is their only child together.
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024