The two sides of Bobbi Kristina Brown's family are finally working together to care for the 22-year-old music scion. Her father Bobby Brown and and late mother Whitney Houston's sister-in-law Pat Houston have been legally appointed co-guardians of Bobbi Kristina, a joint statement by attorneys for both parties has confirmed.
"We are delighted to inform the public that the court has appointed Bobby Brown and Pat Houston as co-guardians of Bobbi Kristina Brown ('Krissi')," Pat Houston and Cissy Houston's counsel, David Long-Daniel; and Christopher Brown, counsel for Bobby Brown, confirmed. "Both Mr. Brown and Ms. Houston are jointly responsible for decisions related to Krissi's care and medical needs."
A conservator was also selected for Bobbi Kristina during Thursday's court session. Attorney Bedelia Hargrove "is responsible for Krissi's assets, including her likeness, rights and legal claims," continues the statement. "Both parties are delighted with the court's decision and are working harmoniously to ensure Krissi receives the best possible medical care. We are appreciative of the manner in which Judge Jeryl Debra Rosh handled this matter."
The decision comes three months after Bobbi Kristina was found face down and unresponsive in her bathtub. Bobbi Kristina remains on life support at an Atlanta-area rehab facility, where she was transferred to in March after spending six weeks in a medically-induced coma at the hospital.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photos from Left: Bennett Raglin/BET/Getty Images for BET, Andrew Toth/Getty Images for SiriusXM)
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024