Erika Goldring/Getty Images
As reports confirmed today, Wednesday, March 16, Daryl Coley passed away last night reportedly while in hospice care. The Gospel singer and minister was 60.
The Grammy-nominated singer was known first and foremost for his vocal talents, often being called “a singer’s singer,” and was an innovator of the genre of Gospel music. His most popular songs include “He’s Preparing Me,” “When Sunday Comes,” “Jesus Saves” and “Beyond the Veil.”
After becoming a minister, he founded the Love Fellowship Tabernacle in Los Angeles, while also rising to become one of the top figures within Gospel.
His son, Te’ceion Coley, took to Instagram to express some of his thoughts regarding his father’s passing, signing the touching note with, “I love you forever, Daddy.”
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- 'All The Queen’s Men': Tied UpTrouble and Champ are a little too cocky about their crimes and get caught up.02/22/2024
- Tyler Perry Issues Warning For His Steamy Kelly Rowland and Trevante Rhodes-Led Thriller ‘Mea Culpa’: “This Is For Grown Folks”Tyler Perry, Kelly Rowland, Trevante Rhodes, and RonReaco Lee talked to BET about coming together to make their “grown and sexy” Netflix thriller.02/22/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: The Characters & Animated Roles That Shaped Cree Summer's LegacyThe queen of voice acting is behind some of this generation’s most iconic animated characters across TV and film.02/22/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Victoria MonétThe songwriter turned R&B performer took home three Grammys for her latest album, “Jaguar II.”02/22/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Afrobeat Royalty: Burna Boy's Regal Red Carpet MomentsBeyond being an Afrobeats giant, Burna Boy is well-known for his rockstar style.02/22/2024
- Young Thug Identified As the Alleged Gunman On 911 Call During YSL RICO TrialThe Atlanta rapper was ID'd by an unidentified woman in the 2013 incident.02/21/2024