(Photo: Amy Sussman/Getty Images for BET)
Looks like Megan Thee Stallion is already making some big money moves. The Texas native and femcee recently filed paperwork to trademark “Hot Girl Summer,” which has been confirmed by Billboard.
The rapper, who coined the phrase on her Fever album cover, reportedly wants to use the phrase on merchandise — specifically hoodies, T-shirts and sportswear so far.
Per Billboard’s sources, Megan filed the trademark the same day she revealed she was in the process of legally laying claim over the phrase, July 10. Most recently, she promised fans that she was gearing up to drop an official “Hot Girl Summer” anthem.
The catchy slogan has undoubtedly become the hottest phrase of the summer, if not the entire year. As hashtag #hotgirlsummer has taken on a life of its own, major brands like Forever21, Maybelline and Wendy’s have already tried to ride the Hot Girl wave and appropriate the slogan to cash in on its popularity. Once Meg’s trademark is in place, however, they’ll have to show her the money.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024