Damon Dash has heard the loving shout-out from his former partner, Jay-Z after the latter was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
“Shout out to Dame,” Jay said during his 10-minute speech. “I know we don’t see eye to eye, but I can never erase your accomplishments, and I appreciate you and thank you for that.”
The two have shared a tumultuous relationship over the last two decades since the downfall of Roc-A-Fella Records, the iconic label they founded alongside Kareem “Biggs” Burke in 1995.
With Hall of Fame Hov seemingly burying the hatchet publicly, Dash spoke with Page Six on Monday (Nov. 1), to share his appreciation for what Jay said and made it clear that he is open to reconciliation.
“It was beautiful,” Dash said of Jay’s declaration. “I’m glad he said it for the culture. We need to squash everything. So hopefully, if that was an extended [olive branch], I’ll spin one back.”
“I have no beef with [him] if [he has] no beef with me,” he added. “Let’s get the lawyers out of it then. Let’s talk like men, but I definitely appreciate it.”
Despite any lingering drama between the two men, Dash is also confident that the two can settle their differences without lawyers. “I would never want you to think that we have to go to the court to resolve anything,” he shared with Page Six. “We can talk it out and the culture needs to see two strong Black men working out a problem. Even if they worked together they can go their separate ways [and] they can still be cool.”
He continued, “We should not be divided. We have accomplished too much to be beefing… There ain’t no way I’m never gonna [not] consider [him] my brother — it’s just that we don’t see eye-to-eye.”
With the olive branch seemingly extended, there is a strong hope that in the new year, we’ll be able to see the titans behind Roc-A-Fella Records reunited and feeling good.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024