(Photo: Bertrand Rindoff Petroff/Getty Images)
H&M recently came under fire after an image taken from their online catalog went viral showcasing a Black child wearing a sweatshirt reading "Coolest Monkey In The Jungle." The image has since gone viral, with several celebrities coming forward expressing their outrage over the brand's careless marketing.
Get more Jesse Williams news with BET Breaks, above.
Grey's Anatomy star Jesse Williams, who recently starred in H&M's holiday campaign alongside Nicki Minaj, is now sharing his thoughts about the scandal in a scathing Instagram post.
"Here they come with this bulls**t... These offenses are more about the makeup of the rooms where they happen, than the items they produce," he wrote. "There is a concentration of power, committed to exclusion, whether casual, accidental or conscious."
Directly addressing his followers, he continued, "Aren't you bored? Aren't you bored watching mediocre, incurious & consequently destructive people waltz through your life, shepherded into positions of power, further choking off opportunity for the actually talented & decent among us?"
Read his full response below:
H&M recently released a statement addressing the widespread outrage.
"We understand that many people are upset about the image of the children's hoodie," it reads, in part. "We, who work at H&M, can only agree. We're deeply sorry that the picture was taken, and we also regret the actual print... It's obvious that our routines haven't been followed properly. This is without any doubt."
Read their statement in full below:
Williams is not the first celebrity to disassociate himself with the brand since the scandal. The Weeknd, who has had two successful collections with them, recently took to Twitter to announce that he is ending their partnership.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024