The singer, songwriter, actress and six-time Grammy nominee has been slaying the industry since her debut album in 2007. However, just last month she came out as a queer woman in the most glamorous way – in Rolling Stone magazine.
Monae said, "I want young girls, young boys, nonbinary, gay, straight, queer people who are having a hard time dealing with their sexuality, dealing with feeling ostracized or bullied for just being their unique selves, to know that I see you.”
Well, we see you, Miss Janelle. From hit songs like “Yoga” and “Make Me Feel” to starring in movies like Hidden Figures and Moonlight, you deserve to be celebrated this Pride Month. Work, diva!
Watch the video, above.
- Usher Says He Felt ‘Attacked’ and Judged From Fans After Marrying Ex-Wife Tameka Foster In 2007He believes colorism played a part in the public scrutiny they faced during their marriage.02/16/2024
- Zendaya: Bold, Black & Beautiful in 'Dune: Part Two'Get to know Zendaya's 'Dune: Part Two' character, Chani, and watch an exclusive clip from the upcoming movie!02/16/2024
- Kim Kardashian Explains What She’s Looking For In A ManSome of these qualities include being accountable, independent, and having good teeth.02/16/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Vince Staples Debuts New Show, Tiger Woods Launches Apparel Line, and Usher Gets MarriedPlus, Katt Williams announces that Mo'Nique will be joining him on his comedy tour!02/16/2024
- Zendaya Stuns In Platinum Armor Bodysuit At 'Dune: Part Two' Premiere In LondonThe Thierry Mugler butt-bearing ensemble takes a play on futurism and sex appeal.02/16/2024
- Byron Merritt Discusses How Amazon Music Is Creating Unique Spaces For Artists at Studio126As the VP of Design at Amazon Music, the noted executive is one the leading experts on designing experiences that create stronger connections with creators and fans.02/16/2024