As Tyra Banks marks her 50th birthday on December 4, we celebrate her legacy extending far beyond the fashion runways. From her iconic talk show to philanthropic endeavors, Tyra is a mogul. Here are five standout moments where Tyra Banks conquered the realms of television, music, film, education, and philanthropy.
Talk Show Royalty
Tyra Banks stepped into the realm of talk shows with finesse, hosting an award-winning program from 2005 to 2010. Her show not only entertained but also educated, earning consecutive Outstanding Talk Show/Informative wins at the Daytime Emmy Awards in 2008 and 2009.
Beyond modeling, Tyra made memorable appearances in music videos alongside iconic artists like Michael Jackson, Drake, and Tina Turner. See her above in Michael Jackson's "Black and White" music video
Tyra Banks showcased her acting chops in films such as 1995's "Higher Learning" and 2002's "Halloween: Resurrection." Her transition to the big screen early in her career proved she was destined for longevity.
Harvard Business School Journey
In 2012, demonstrating her commitment to learning and growth, Banks enrolled in the intensive nine-week Owner/President Management Program (OPM) at Harvard Business School, proving her determination to excel outside the modeling industry.
Tyra's dedication to philanthropy shines through her creation of the TZONE program, focusing on leadership and life skills development. Additionally, her establishment of the Tyra Banks Scholarship aims to empower Black girls by offering them opportunities to attend her alma mater, Immaculate Heart High School. Her dedication transformed TZONE from a camp to a public charity, solidifying her commitment to nurturing the next generation of young women.
Happy birthday, Tyra Banks!
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024