Common's self-care formula will soon be released in his latest book, And Then We Rise.
“During the pandemic, I was really focusing on just putting out good energy because the world was experiencing so much and health was in the forefront of a lot of people's thoughts and in their hearts,” he told People.
Like many folks in 2020, Common would take to social media to share his wellness journey, from videos working out with his personal trainer, Yancy Berry, to cooking healthy meals with his chef, Lauren Von Der Pool. It was clear to others that he was his health advocate, and with the feedback he received, he decided to channel that inspiration into a book.
In the exclusive interview with People, the rapper said, “I had friends who knew my practices and lifestyle call me like, ‘What should I be doing during this time?’ It was an amazement that the desire to be healthy was really in the front of our minds. Obviously, it should be.”
Furthermore, he shared that he felt like whatever way he could provide some good energy and joy and love on the planet to people. “Especially to the communities that I come from — I was like, man, I want to do that.”
Published by HarperOne, Common's book will serve as a manual for enhancing an individual's well-being. He says, "I felt that this was my way of giving back to people."
The actor continued, “I can actually get some people to really help themselves if they just read some of this or even practice some of it. It could change lives. I know it changed mine.”
Over recent years, Common shared that therapy has also undeniably been a crucial component of his healing journey, contributing to mindfulness and the maintenance of his mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Allocating time for himself has proven to be exceptionally significant.
And Then We Rise will be released in January 2024.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024