On Thursday (December 1), Cardi B called into The Breakfast Club in honor of Angela Yee’s last day co-hosting the program and updated fans on her highly-anticipated sophomore studio album.
It was Charlamagne Tha God who asked if the Bronx rapper had a release date in mind for her follow-up to her Grammy-winning debut album Invasion of Privacy, which she released in April 2018.
“I have no choice, I have to put it out,” she replied. “I have like a couple of songs that are like definite, I don’t know. I don’t know what’s going on with me. I need to just make up my mind and put it out.” Cardi also added that she feels like her new project is “missing something.”
“I gotta put it out, I gotta put it out next year,” she revealed.
When Charlamagne suggested she drop the album on April 6, 2023 – which would be the fifth anniversary of Invasion of Privacy’s release – Cardi sounded like she’d be up for it.
“You’re such a huge part of the show too,” Yee told Cardi, who’s been a guest a handful of times. As far as the “Up” rapper’s possible role on The Breakfast Club is concerned moving forward, she seemed interested in serving as a guest co-host.
“Ooh that would be fun,” she replied when Charlamagne suggested she fill in as a guest-host during the week leading up to her album release date.
Back in August, Angela Yee announced she’d be relinquishing her hosting duties on The Breakfast Club to host her own nationally syndicated daily show, Way Up With Angela Yee, which will launch on iHeartRadio.
Watch the full Breakfast Club interview with Cardi B below.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024