(Photo: Detroit Police)
Detroit police discovered three bodies in the basement of an abandoned apartment complex in Hyland Park, Mich. during a homicide investigation for a trio who went missing in January, Michigan State Police 1st Lt. Mike Shaw said Friday (Feb. 3).
Shaw said their identities were not immediately confirmed due to the weather and the condition of the bodies.
But The Detroit News, citing Detroit police sources, reported that they are the remains of two rappers and a friend who went with them to a scheduled performance at a Detroit nightclub that was canceled.
Multiple police departments were searching for rappers Armani Kelly, 27, of Oscoda, 31-year-old Dante Wicker of Melvindale, and their friend Montoya Givens, 31, of Detroit.
Investigators found their bodies Thursday (Feb. 2), shot and under a pile of debris and old construction equipment, at the vacant building that squatters frequent.
Kelly, who went by the stage name Marley Whoop, sent a text on Jan. 21 to his fiancée, Taylor Perrin, saying the show was canceled, according to local station WXYZ. That was the last time Kelly’s mother, Lorrie Kemp, and Perrin heard from him.
Investigators previously said the three were together at Lounge 31 in Detroit for the scheduled performance. What happened to them after that was unknown. Their cellphone and social media activities went silent since the early morning hours of Jan. 22
Kelly was first reported missing to Oscoda police on Jan. 22 after Kemp hadn't heard from him. Using OnStar, she tracked the car Kelly was driving. It was moved three times in Warren, a Detroit suburb, and ended up in a condo complex.
Last week, Warren police arrested a 15-year-old boy driving Kelly's vehicle without a license plate. Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer confirmed Feb. 2 to The Detroit News that the teenager was charged in connection with possessing Kelly’s vehicle.
Authorities have also taken a man into custody for questioning. The teenager accused that man, who had an outstanding warrant, of telling him to pick up the vehicle on Detroit’s west side.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024