August Alsina was not happy with how Def Jam leaked his album just a day before it came out. At the time, he took to Twitter and blasted them, but then offered up a strange follow-up apology right after.
Well, now it seems the New Orleans rap singer isn’t as sorry as he let on initially and during an interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club this morning, he decided to let loose right from the jump.
"I definitely meant those words,” he said when asked about the leak. "We work hard as a motherf**ker. I can’t even give you an analogy to compare it to what y’all do. As an artist you see the s**t we go through. The music business is one of the hardest businesses to make it in so to actually be making it... You think you got this roll-out for your album and all this s**t and then something like that happen man and that s**t hurts you to the core."
This Thing Called Life officially dropped today, but apparently August isn’t as excited as he would be if Def Dam didn’t leak the LP.
"I’m still super geeked about the album and then in the same breath this s**t kind of sucked all the life out of me for the album," he said in continuing his rant about the label. He did say after that, though, he still has respect for them as they were the ones to actually sign him.
Also during the interview August Alsina updated fans on his much-strained relationship with his family — his mother in particular. He says a relationship with his mom is a situation where one wants "something to be when it’s really not."
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photo: Manuel Nauta /Landov)
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024