(Photo: Getty Images)
Yara Shahidi is adding a designer to her resume. The "Grown-ish" star collaborated with Adidas on a capsule collection honoring her Black and Iranian roots.
The highlight of Yara's Adidas collection is the release of her Superstar collab. She reimagined the iconic shell-toe sneaker by dressing the leather upper in a cream hue combined with gold suede Three Stripes branding on the sides and the text "Idihahs Array" above.
Adding to the cool look is an Arabic lace jewel at the forefoot and Iranian-inspired panels on the heel. According to the product description, Yara's Superstar collab channels "'60s vibes with elements of Shahidi's Iranian heritage and Black roots."
The collection also includes a printed track top and a satin tracksuit. Yara announced the collab on Instagram to her 5.8 million followers yesterday. She also released a magazine style campaign featuring young people who are first generation Americans. Some of the quotes read: "These clothes were meant to take up space," and "Daughters of immigrants and intersection."
The Superstar sneakers are $110, and found on adidas.com. We are hoping to cop a pair!
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024