(Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images for CMPR Inc.)
Angelica Ross is heading to Broadway!
According to Playbill, starting September 12, Ross will portray Roxie Hart in the iconic Broadway show Chicago at the Ambassador Theater. Ross’ eight-week limited engagement will end on November 6. Ross will make history as the first openly trans woman to play a leading role in a Broadway show.
The trans rights activist and actress is known for her starring roles on Pose and American Horror Story 1984.
Other people who have played Roxie Hart include Michelle Williams and Brandy. Chicago debuted on Broadway in 1996.
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024