A third suspect in Young Dolph’s murder is missing after he was released in January from an Indiana jail.
According to WREG, authorities have issued an arrest warrant for 28-year-old Shondale Barnett, who was arrested on January 11 alongside fellow suspect Justin Johnson. He was supposed to be extradited back to Memphis, but was actually released from custody on January 21, according to Rolling Stone.
Barnett is currently wanted by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, who say they don’t know where he is. It remains unclear why he was released.
“On Jan. 11, Mr. Shundale Barnett was brought to the Clay County Jail by the Indiana State Police from an arrest on I-70. He was booked in the Clay County Jail on an outstanding warrant from Shelby County, Tennessee,” Clay County Sheriff Paul Harden said during a press conference on Thursday (February 17), according to WREG. “We contacted Shelby County and held him on their warrant. And we were contacted on Jan. 21 and they told us that they were no longer wanting to come and pick up Mr. Barnett and that we were to release him at that time.”
At the presser, District Attorney General Amy Weirich would not provide a definitive answer as to why Barnett was released from custody.
“I can’t, because it’s a pending case,” she said. “It is a pending investigation, it is a pending prosecution, and we can’t get into that at this time. When we can, we will answer all those questions that I know the public has.”
Barnett was charged with being an accessory after the fact to first-degree murder in the Memphis rapper’s death. He also faces charges of criminal attempt to commit first-degree murder and theft of property.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024