Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
TLC's VH1 biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story garnered impressive reviews, and the group's remaining members, Chilli and T-Boz, credit that to their hands-on approach in the film's production. Unlike the "Unpretty" group's situation, the recent Lifetime movies chronicling the lives of Aaliyah and Whitney Houston took a more isolated approach, which the ladies think was a bad idea.
"It really helped with us being involved," T-Boz told BET.com. "It doesn't do justice to the artist's legacy when you don't really tell why they want to do this. It really shows that it wasn't a personal touch."
Speaking specifically on Whitney, T-Boz felt like the film's title was misleading. "The Whitney movie should've been named Bobby and Whitney because it started off with her and Bobby. That wasn't her whole life... What's her story?"
Following the premieres of both Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B and Whitney, some fans complained about not learning anything new about the respective artists, and the iconic singers seem to agree. "I learned more about Aaliyah on Behind the Music than I did the movie," she said. "I knew Whitney, but I learned more by watching Bobby Brown's interview."
T-Boz and Chilli also spoke on their hugely successful Kickstarter project to fund their last album, the possibility of a Left Eye hologram, and loving Taylor Swift's music. Check back in at BET.com to watch the chat.
Click here to win a trip to the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration in Phoenix, plus four tickets to the Big Game.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024
- Sanaa Lathan Stars In New Audible Original ‘The Justice’, Reveals She Wishes To Portray Her Character Onscreen"I want to play this in a movie. Let's put it out there," the actor manifested.02/29/2024
- 'Sistas:' Gary’s Lies May Finally Be Catching Up To HimGary’s secrets are much worse than they previously seemed after it comes out that he might be tied to a murder.02/29/2024