Chris McKay/Getty Images
DMX could be on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars after being sued by a concert promoter for failing to make good on contractual obligations, TMZ reports. According to a suit filed by Heavy Rotation booking, X's myriad legal problems in 2011 killed a massive comeback tour the two parties had planned, costing the agency $749,285.
Heavy Rotation says it had an exclusive contract with the Ruff Ryders rapper to book shows all over the world. But when he was cited for a traffic violation last year and sued twice for child support disputes, the rapper was saddled with a passport lien that prevented him from traveling.
Compounding the legal troubles, according to Heavy Rotation, was DMX's efforts to hire separate management to book shows in the U.S., even though those rights belonged to HR under their contract.
Responding to the lawsuit, X's manager says Heavy Rotation has it all wrong — the rapper did reach out to other companies, but only after he had severed ties with HR over poor business practices.
As it stands, the company is insisting on $630,000 in lost revenue.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024