Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images
Lamar Odom will spend his 36th birthday (today) in the hospital, but he is on the mend and could soon be moved to a rehabilitation facility, a source tells Us Weekly.
“Lamar is doing better slowly but surely,” the source says of the former NBA star. “He is still working with lots of therapists. Every day he is relearning how to do more with his motor skills. He is cognitively aware of everything but [it’s] hard to process a lot at once.”
Odom's recovery is nothing short of a miracle after he overdosed on drugs at a Nevada brothel on October 13. The two-time champion was fighting for his life at a Las Vegas hospital, where he was in a coma for days, but made a remarkable turnaround and continues to improve. Still, the extent of damage Odom's three-day drug binge will have on his body and brain remains to be seen.
Meanwhile, the shots keep coming at Odom's wife, Khloé Kardashian. The former athlete's one-time teammate Metta World Peace has been one of the most critical voices against Kardashian and her famous family, telling the press that they were keeping Odom's children from his bedside, and while he admits he doesn't know the full situation, he tells VLAD TV he's still mad.
“I was bitter towards every single one of his friends in LA without knowing the situation, because there were reports that my buddy isn’t going to make it,” he said. “I didn’t really know that he was still married to Khloe. I just wanted my buddy’s children to be next to him and everything,” said World Peace, who grew up with Odom in Queens. “I took it personal. I still take it personal to this day.”
Watch a recap of Odom's incredible recovery, and the tough road ahead, on Wendy Williams, below:
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photo: Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images)
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Talks Her New Book ‘Far Beyond Gold Running From Fear To FaithIn her memoir, the Olympic gold medalist explores her journey and all the obstacles she had to overcome to become one of the greatest track and field athletes ever.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024