It's been years since DMX released some impactful music, but his interviews are packing the wallop of an atom bomb. The Ruff Ryder rapper, who's on the comeback trail with his forthcoming new album, Undisputed, was his usual blunt self in a recent interview on New York's Power 105 FM, where he had some particularly choice words for everyone's favorite Canadian rapper-singer.
DMX has expressed his dislike for Drake before, but he took it to a new level on The Breakfast Club morning show. In particular, he said he wasn't feeling Drake's executive producer role on the new posthumous Aaliyah album — and the fact that he wasn't reaching out to Timbaland and Missy Elliott, her former mentors and collaborators. "It's disrespectful; like, that don’t even make sense," DMX told hosts Angela Yee, Charlemagne Tha God and DJ Envy. "You can't do s--t like that. That’s like wrong, man. I wish it was like seven, 10 years ago — catch a n---a on the elevator and beat him up, just to let him know it's real, son. He ain’t gotta be by himself. That's not a problem. We wolfed out in this joint."
The comments aren't much of a surprise considering his last interview with Angela Yee and company. Back in February, he seemed unable to come up with a single thing he liked about the Toronto MC. "I don't like anything about Drake," he said. "I don't like his voice, I don't like the sh-- he talks about, I don't like his face, I don't like the way he walks, I don't like his haircut, just nothing."
But Drake wasn't the only victim of DMX's ire. He also revealed that he wasn't attracted to Drizzy's crush and Young Money labelmate Nicki Minaj. "I'm good on that. I wouldn't do that," he said. "I don't know her to not like her. I'm not attracted to her. It's too much going on. I know she don’t hop out the bed lookin' like that."
Even Kanye West and Kim Kardashian caught some stray bullets. DMX insisted he wouldn't "wife up...any b---h that got famous from f-----."
To check the rest of the interview, where he reveals details of break up with his estranged wife Tashera Simmons, click here.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photos from left: Judy Eddy/WENN.com, Mike Lawrie/Getty Images)
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024