(Photos from left: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic, Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images)
In February of 2020, Flavor Flav was allegedly ousted from Public Enemy by his groupmate Chuck D following a dispute over a performance at a Los Angeles rally for then presidential hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders. However, a statement published to Enemy Radio’s official website (operated by Chuck D) claimed that Flav’s firing was an elaborate “hoax” concocted to foster social commentary and promote Enemy Radio’s latest album, “Loud Is Not Enough.” The album included a single, “Food As A Machine Gun,” which Chuck and Flav are both featured on.
During an appearance on UPROXX’s podcast show People’s Party WithTalib Kweli, Chuck claimed that Flav and he manufactured the break-up together. In the pre-taped interview, he clarified that the longtime hype man was never let go from the group and that he still considers him very much his partner.
“I'm not saying it’s a hoax. I’m saying the original intention is to get your attention,” said Chuck D. “And that play attention gets you to pay attention.”
To further clarify, when asked about Flavor Flav saying he can’t be fired from the group, Chuck D responded, “He can’t. He’s a partner. You don’t fire partners. You just walk away from them.”
However, Flav tweeted in April of 2020 that “I am not a part of your hoax.”
“There are more serious things in the world right now than April Fool's jokes and dropping records,” Flav tweeted.
See the tweet below:
When asked by TMZ if he has spoken to Flavor Flav since the “falling out” at the Sanders rally, he answered, “It’s whatever Flavor wants to do. We can do many things without him, but it’s up to him.”
He added, “He don’t know Bernie, Larry Sanders, or Colonel Sanders. He don’t know the difference. He wants to be Flavor, and that’s fine.”
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024