Moms are the backbone of every family dynamic and deserve their flowers daily. A mother provides it all from life lessons, love, and in some cases, the best reality television moments that are now cemented in pop culture history. In the past, you would hear people shout on television, “Mama, I made it on tv,” but now, people’s moms can say the same thing.
As we celebrate Mother’s Day, let’s highlight some of the best reality television moms we can’t get enough of.
Sister Patterson - Flavor Of Love, I Love New York
In 2006, the world was introduced to the original reality television Queen who came on the scene and was not one to play with. The mother of our OG reality queen, Tiffany ‘New York’ Pollard, wasn’t sold on her daughter marrying Flavor Flav, and her iconic spar with the rapper had the viewers wanting more. She made a few more television appearances, being seen on Flavor Of Love 2, I Love New York, Family Therapy With Dr. Jenn, and with her daughter on Steve Harvey.
Mama Jones - Love & Hip Hop: New York
This mom took “psychotic” to a new level when appearing on Love & Hip Hop. Nancy Jones aka Mama Jones, mother to Jim Jones and mother (or monster) in-law to Chrissy Lampkin, was very protective over her son, who she likes to call “Jimmy”. Her feud with Chrissy on the series was a sight to see, and when she called Chrissy “psychotic,” it turned their argument into a catchy record that still gets referenced to this day. Now, while she may have spelled it wrong on the merch, she had the right beat and catchy lyrics that made fans fall in love with her to this day. Luckily, despite having years of unresolved tension, Chrissy and Nancy finally made amends on Family Vacation.
Momma Dee - Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta
If her palace is under attack, this Queen will ensure she handles it. Fans were introduced to Momma Dee in the first season of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, serving as the first spinoff to the New York version. She quickly found herself in a feud against her son, Scrappy’s, leading lady at the time Erica Dixon. While it was unfortunate they couldn’t get along for her son’s sake, fans ate up every scene of them at odds. Her appearance on the show solidified her as an iconic reality television mom, even giving us a new way to spell the B word – B-I-C-T-H and in that order!
Mama Joyce - Real Housewives Of Atlanta
Kandi Burruss has her hands full with her babies (and Todd), and Mama Joyce knows how to wear you out. Mama Joyce is known for never holding her tongue and being quick to pop off. In the midst of Kandi chasing her bag, she still needs to keep up with her mother’s antics and thwart them at all costs. And let's not add her sisters into the mix – the Old Lady Gang is a unit you don’t want to mess with.
Evelyn Braxton - Braxton Family Values
Evelyn Braxton birthed some of the greatest singers on this earth with Toni, Tawanda, Tamar, Trina, and the late Traci, which ultimately birthed one of the greatest family reality shows in Braxton Family Values. Five daughters with different personalities who can be at odds seem challenging for anyone, but Evelyn keeps her girls in line and still remains graceful. She is down for a good time but will not tolerate disrespect and still has some old-school ways.
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024
- Sanaa Lathan Stars In New Audible Original ‘The Justice’, Reveals She Wishes To Portray Her Character Onscreen"I want to play this in a movie. Let's put it out there," the actor manifested.02/29/2024
- 'Sistas:' Gary’s Lies May Finally Be Catching Up To HimGary’s secrets are much worse than they previously seemed after it comes out that he might be tied to a murder.02/29/2024