(Photo: Dia Dipasupil/WireImage)
In 2019 America, racial profiling still exists.
If it isn't a "BBQ Becky" calling the cops on a Black man grilling in a designated BBQ area, it's a "Sandy Sephora" calling security while a Black woman shops for beauty products.
On Tuesday night (April 30), SZA hopped on social media to express how she felt after being racially profiled while shopping for beauty products at a Sephora in Calabasas.
Clearly frustrated, the 28-year-old "Love Galore" singer took to her Twitter to reveal to her 2.6 million followers that while searching for new Fenty Beauty products, a "Sandy Sephora" assumed she was stealing.
"Lmao Sandy Sephora location 614 Calabasas called security to make sure I wasn’t stealing," SZA wrote on Twitter. "We had a long talk. U have a blessed day Sandy."
We are disgusted. What makes SZA's shopping experience (or lack thereof) even more disturbing is that, ironically, the singer used to work at a Sephora back in the day.
Fans reportedly wasted no time letting their disapproval be known! With the quickness, loyal SZA fans began writing reviews on the Sephora store's Google page, dropping the stars to a 1.2 out of 5.
Sheesh, it looks like "Sandy Sephora" exposed the truth that even when shopping for beauty, things can get ugly!
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024