Tiger Woods is taking his talents to TaylorMade on the heels of a Nike partnership ending. On Monday, in Pacific Palisades, Calif., Woods announced his new apparel and lifestyle brand, Sun Day Red.
With a tiger as its logo, with stripes representing each of his major wins, Woods spoke about how the name was created.
"I've worn red on Sundays. It started with mom. Mom thought being a Capricorn, that my color was red. I wore red as a junior golfer, and won some tournaments. I went to a university that was red. Stanford is red...it's just become synonymous with me. That's who I am, Sun Day Red," Woods explained.
Sun Day Red stands out as a unique brand, fueled by a passionate team of designers and staff, all operating from its headquarters. In a dynamic fusion of fashion and culture, renowned leaders like Brad Blankinship, with an impressive track record at iconic brands like Quiksilver and RVCA, have taken the helm. As the newly appointed president of Sun Day Red, Blankinship is set to infuse his decades of expertise into the brand's day-to-day management, ensuring a journey that transcends the ordinary.
“Tiger’s approach to his craft and unyielding pursuit for perfection makes him the ideal partner. Tiger has an innate ability to see the details in the details. We have obsessed together over every stitch, every fit, to ensure we get it right by the athlete,” said Blankinship. “Together, we will change the landscape of lifestyle brands with Sun Day Red and are excited for fans and consumers to experience our products first-hand.”
Although the brand is launching its mens' line first, Woods explained it will expand with women and kids items soon.
Sun Day Red launches on May 1 at www.sundayred.com.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024