Halfdark / Getty Images
They killing puppies now, too?
A shocking CCTV video has captured footage of an NYPD cop shooting a family's dog dead in what appears to be a completely unwarranted attack. The dog was playfully and non-aggressively wagging his tail as he approached the cop, when the officer downed the innocent animal with a single shot to the head. Police have yet to apologize for the senseless killing and the cop involved has yet to be named.
New York Daily News reported that the cop arrived at the scene in the Bronx apartment building to respond to a call at a neighboring apartment. When Yvonne Rosado opened her door to see what was going on, her dog Spike approached the cop, who already had his gun drawn. The officer backed down a stairwell and then opened fire for no apparent reason, killing Spike with a single shot:
"The officer just reacted badly. I was screaming, 'He's friendly! He's friendly! But he still did that to my dog," says Rosado. She also told the Daily News that her beloved pet was "a gentle giant" and "would wag his tail letting everyone know he was friendly." Rosado added that the officers have not explained why her dog was killed and that she is yet to receive an apology.
Rosado's neighbor, Irma Sue Santiago, said Spike "died wagging his tail" but was also furious that police opened fire so close to her home, asking, "What if he had missed the dog and shot my daughter?" She adds that the experience has traumatized her, and that her 16-year-old daughter has had to undergo therapy to help her deal with the grim scene she encountered of Spike dying in his own blood.
It seems more than likely that a lawsuit or two will come from the unfortunate incident.
(Photo: Halfdark / Getty Images)
- Young Thug Identified As the Alleged Gunman On 911 Call During YSL RICO TrialThe Atlanta rapper was ID'd by an unidentified woman in the 2013 incident.02/21/2024
- 'Who TF Did I Marry?’ 50-Part Confession Series Takes Over TikTokReesa Teesa took to the app to reveal how her journey in love took her down a rabbit hole filled with lies and deception.02/21/2024
- Beyoncé Makes History As the First Black Woman To Reach No. 1 On the Country ChartSince Feb 15, "Texas Hold Em" has accumulated more than 19.2 million official streams.02/21/2024
- Hydeia Broadbent, Prominent AIDS Activist and Motivational Speaker, Dies at 39She famously appeared on “A Conversation with Magic Johnson” at six years old where she discussed HIV awareness.02/21/2024
- Keke Palmer Sings ‘Inseparable’ In Honor Of Her Parents And Son Leo“I guess that’s what real love makes you feel,” said the Emmy winner.02/21/2024
- Paula Patton Gushes Over New Boyfriend“You are one of my greatest blessings!” said the actor.02/21/2024