SZA, who leads all artists with nine Grammy nominations, has been tapped to perform at the awards show, PEOPLE reports.
Along with SZA, other performers include Travis Scott, Burna Boy, Billy Joel, Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo, Luke Combs, and U2 ( from the Sphere in Las Vegas in a remote appearance).
This will be SZA’s second performance at the awards show and her first performance in six years when she graced the stages as a Best New Artist nominee for Ctrl in 2018.
Her sophomore album, SOS, spent 10 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. The LP has been nominated for Album of the Year and Progressive R&B Album of the Year. “Kill Bill”, the lead single for the album, is nominated for Song of the Year, Best R&B Performance, and Record of the Year. “Snooze,” “Love Language” and “Low” received nods for Best R&B Song, Best Traditional R&B Performance, and Best Melodic Rap Performance. In total, she earned 24 Grammy nominations in her storied career.
Although SZA was nominated for five Grammys in 2018 for her critically acclaimed LP, Ctrl, she did not win any awards. Her only Gramophone trophy came from her collaboration with Doja Cat in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Kiss Me More.”
In an interview with Variety, SZA shared how she felt about her past experiences.
“I’ve lost enough times to know that investing in this moment is not wise,” SZA shared. “And not because it’s not important — I’m so happy for it — but because you have to place your importance on who you are as an artist and as a person. It’s my first time being this popular, and I saw a huge uptick in negativity at the exact same time.”
The Grammy Awards will air live from L.A.’s Crypto.com Arena on Feb. 4, starting at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on CBS.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024