(Photo: Shea Moisture)
During Super Bowl weekend, SheaMoisture partnered with Tina Knowles Lawson and her WACO (Where Art Can Occur) Theater Center to debut the House of Shea. Together, the brands hosted a panel, We Are Here: Culture & Community, along with industry leaders- who led discussions centered around community, with the focus to uplift and educate entrepreneurs, so they achieve their goals and reach new heights.
Tina Knowles-Lawson and Richard Lawson have mentored and empowered young people through their programs, Tina’s Angels and Richard’s Warriors, for decades, and in 2017 opened the doors on their new Los Angeles theatre complex.
Knowles-Lawson, whose daughters Beyoncé and Solange Knowles push boundaries with their own artistry, created the WACO to provide “a place where we can celebrate an individual’s artistic creation and self-expression through theatre, reflecting fine art, innovation, craftsmanship and inspire imagination,” says the philanthropist.
(Photo courtesy of Shea Moisture)
BET Digital spoke with Mrs. Knowles-Lawson WACO's partnership with SheaMoisture:
BET: What are you looking forward to most regarding the WACO x SheaMoisture We Are Here: Culture & Community panel discussion?
Tina Knowles-Lawson: I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of this partnership creating an experience where people can come out and enjoy themselves while sparking conversation to further progress our community. The longtime synergy between SheaMoisture and WACO Theater Center is undeniable as we both seek to create space and do work to benefit the Black community, artists, and young people in particular, in ways that are impactful and sustainable.
BET: What inspired the WACO theater center?
Tina Knowles-Lawson: The WACO Theater Center believes that theater and art is a powerful, important part of Los Angeles’ culture and community and it should be accessible to all. The center is dedicated to the empowerment of artists, and people in general, within a diversified pool of our LA communities and beyond.
BET: What are you hoping guests take away from the SheaMoisture Ultimate Vibrational Experience?
SheaMoisture Team: We hope that guests are able to come out and enjoy the energy of Los Angeles while coming together to have conversations that seek to uplift, educate, and inspire the work that is yet to be done in our communities. We hope to continue to create spaces and opportunities that benefit the Black community, artists, and young people in particular.
BET: Why was it important for WACO to partner with SheaMoisture for this initiative?
WACO Team: The WACO Theater Center and SheaMoisture share an ongoing commitment to education, empowerment, and are dedicated to increasing resources. Collectively we hope to continue inspiring and elevating current and future generations of artists, entrepreneurs, and the communities we serve.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024