(Photo: Arnold Jerocki/GC Images)
Kanye West held an impromptu Yeezy season 8 fashion show last night, (March 3.) during Paris Fashion Week.
The rapper turned designer, has already made his mark during fashion week, hosting his infamous Sunday Service and accompanying Kim and North to the shows, but insiders didn’t know until Saturday that he was indeed holding his own show this week. Guests recieved sage and rattlesnake eggs as the official invitation. Very LA!
The infamous Yeezy show was held at the Espace Niemeyer at 9:30 p.m., an outdoor venue which required guests to stand on a wet, grassy hill, since it rained early that day. Some were wrapped in felt blankets (handed out at the show’s entrance) and awaited the start of the show.
According to live tweet updates from guests, the show didn’t start until almost 25 minutes later, which is not uncommon for a fashion show and actually within a pretty good window for West, who in the past has made attendees wait for hours before the show began. Models took to the runway wearing crop tops, puffer coats and wide-legged pants in muted hues. Kanye stuck to his signature color palette and toned down the number of looks in this collection. There were a total of 19 looks that came down the runway, but the biggest surprise of and perhaps most controversial moment of all was his 6-year-old daughter North, performing an unreleased rap song during the finale walk.
Kanye came out onto the stage hugging his daughter as the crowd stood and applauded the tot for her surprise performance.
The Kardashian-West family will always keep us on our toes.
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024
- Sanaa Lathan Stars In New Audible Original ‘The Justice’, Reveals She Wishes To Portray Her Character Onscreen"I want to play this in a movie. Let's put it out there," the actor manifested.02/29/2024
- 'Sistas:' Gary’s Lies May Finally Be Catching Up To HimGary’s secrets are much worse than they previously seemed after it comes out that he might be tied to a murder.02/29/2024
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024