Anita Baker, the iconic R&B singer, kicked off her highly anticipated tour in Atlanta, Georgia, on a high note. The State Farm Arena was packed with enthusiastic fans, all eagerly waiting to see the legendary artist take the stage in her first full tour since 1995.
Anita Baker's performance was a masterclass in vocal prowess, with the singer effortlessly hitting every note and infusing each song with her signature style. Her renditions of hits such as "Sweet Love" and "Caught Up in the Rapture" left the audience in awe. But the real surprise of the night came when Anita was joined on stage by another R&B icon, Usher. The audience went wild as Usher made his way to the stage with roses. Baker said to the crowd, “My nephew never fails.” The two performers launched into a stunning duet of "Same Ole Love," which had the crowd on their feet and singing along.
The concert was an unforgettable experience, with Anita Baker showcasing her remarkable talent and stage presence. And with the surprise appearance from Usher, it was a night that will be remembered by fans for years to come.
See a clip below:
Anita Baker’s The Songstress tour includes upcoming shows in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024