For Kita Williams, the road to motherhood was one filled with many obstacles. Not only did the celebrity publicist face issues conceiving a child, but she suffered another medical scare that could have prevented her from carrying a baby to term. Fortunately, Williams was able to accomplish her dream of becoming a mother when son Greysun Ervin Hardy entered the world in September. In a recent interview with Essence, Williams shares how difficult her journey had been and how emotional she felt when she finally laid eyes on her child.
“When I realized that I was having issues getting pregnant, I thought maybe it had a lot to do with my diet or being stressed out. A friend recommended that I see a fertility doctor. I went and had a pelvic ultrasound done and it came back showing that I had ovarian aging,” she said. Turned out that the real culprit was a fibroid the size of an orange that had started attaching to her uterine wall. As she stood, her chances of conceiving were “slim to none” unless she underwent surgery to remove the mass.
“I had the surgery, but if it wasn’t for my friend recommending the pelvic ultrasound to me, and if I had waited another year, I don’t know if I would have been able to become a mother.”
Even after her surgery, Williams had several miscarriages, but eventually had a successful pregnancy and she and fiancé Joe Hardy welcomed their little boy on September 1.
“Everything that was going on in my body was almost as if I had to deliver myself before I could deliver this baby. It gave me a lot of time to reflect, to journal, and to really see that, wow, all this time I'm thinking I'm giving birth to a baby, when I realized I was also giving birth to a new me along the way,” Williams said. “That was the beauty of it. Along with me giving life to my child I was actually giving life to myself because I didn’t know who I was before.”
To read her entire interview, click here.
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
(Photo: Earl Gibson III/WireImage)
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024