In the 50-year history of Hip Hop, the art of dance has remained at the heart of the culture. And to bring the 2023 BET Awards to a close, the show celebrated some of Hip Hop’s all-time favorite dances with an exciting dance medley.
Known as the “World’s Greatest Entertainer,” Doug E. Fresh came out first to “Teach Me How to Dougie” by Cali Swag District — reminding us that he still has some serious moves.
Next up were a group of breakdancers whose rhythmic skills were on full display as they danced to DJ Kool’s “Let Me Clear My Throat.”
The dynamic duo Kid 'n Play gave the crowd everything they wanted by performing their “Kid ‘n Play” dance — which was made famous in their classic film House Party. The legendary duo was then followed by King Combs’ showing off an array of dances on “Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop.”
The South flexed their enduring influence on Hip Hop culture and on the dancefloor with the 69 Boyz’ “Tootsee Roll” and "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It” by the Dem Franchize Boyz.
Soulja Boy then took the hyped-up crowd down memory lane with a performance of his number one hit “Crank That (Soulja Boy).”
UNK’s “Walk It Out” was up next. And GS BOYZ’ “Stanky Legg” followed, making for a clear crowd favorite as audience members danced up and down aisles and in their seats.
The last performer to hit the stage was none other than F.L.Y. ft Easton who moved the entire crowd back and forth on “Swag Surfin.”
The dance medley was the latest example of Robinson’s creative genius. As one of entertainment’s most acclaimed dancers, music video directors, and choreographers, Robinson has curated unforgettable dance sequences for Michael Jackson ("Remember the Time"), Aaliyah ("Rock The Boat," "Hot Like Fire," "Try Again," "We Need A Resolution," "Are You That Somebody," and "More Than a Woman"), Mary J. Blige ("Family Affair"), and many others.
And without question, Robinson crafted yet another unforgettable dance moment on Sunday night that capped off an epic BET Awards.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024