Sheryl Lee Ralph is squashing rumors surrounding details of her marriage.
During a recent interview with E! News on Monday (Dec. 4), the Emmy-winning actress dispelled reports that claimed she had finally decided to cohabitate with her husband, Vincent Hughes, after 18 years of marriage.
"It's not true at all," she said. "If you're going to write things, just try to get it close to right. We've been married 18 years and together 21 years."
The couple tied the knot in 2005 at a Los Angeles ceremony, as reported by PEOPLE. She is also mom to two adult children, son Etienne Maurice and daughter Ivy-Victoria Maurice, with ex-husband Eric Maurice, as cited by the publication.
Ralph and Hughes have adopted a modern-day relationship model suitable for their demanding careers. She currently stars on ABC's Emmy-winning "Abbott Elementary" sitcom while her hubby serves as Pennsylvania's State Senator.
"We live together on and off, in that I'm shooting Abbott Elementary in L.A.," she explained. "He is at the Capitol every week, so we see each other in between."
Although their romance is bi-coastal, their love is built to last.
"Is that my man?" she said, "Am I booed up? Do we enjoy cuffing season? Yes."
In 2020, the couple opened up to Essence about their love journey.
"We view our marriage as a blessing. Life could have been very, very different for the both of us. God led us to each other right at the absolute perfect time," Hughes told the outlet. "Sheryl is a blessing to me. This relationship and this love is a blessing, and I try to treat it that way. We thank God in prayer several times a day, both together and apart in prayer."
Ralph added, "I have a great friend and a great partner; somebody that I absolutely trust. I believe that if something awful was to happen to me, that I could trust my husband to do the best for my family and my kids, and to be all the things I would want him to be. He’d be strong enough to carry on."
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024