Going through a public breakup has to be exhausting, even if its amicable. Waka Flocka Flame and Tammy Rivera know that pain all too well. In March 2022, it was confirmed that the pair officially called it quits after eight years of marriage.
Despite their breakup, the former couple have continued to film their WEtv reality show Waka & Tammy: What The Flocka, highlighting their new life as friends, which includes finding a balanced way of co-parenting their 17-year-old daughter, Charlie.
Waka recently sat down with HipHopDx to talk about the end of their union, which will play out on the new season of their reality show. The rapper also spoke to why he chose to take accountability for the dissolution of his marriage to Tammy. “It’s definitely depressing with egg on your face, but when it’s like, for me, it just feels more comforting to say, ‘Man, I feel like I caused it,’" Waka explained.
He continued, “That’s me being a bigger man. That’s not saying me, I’m the reason that we split. That’s not the reason. There’s no reason. That cheating stuff, that s*** happened eight years ago. The reason we split is … there’s no reason, I’m telling you. You don’t even know. It was just a mutual feeling.”
According to Waka, he and Tammy “separated with grace.”
Today, the rapper says he's "upped everything" in his life, starting with self-care. Waka explained, "I upped my meditations, I upped my eating patterns, I upped my everything, man.”
Cheers to self-care and becoming stronger everyday. We wish both Waka and Tammy all the best as they navigate co-parenting together!
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024