Photos from Left: Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images for NYLOn
Erykah Badu ignited a beef between herself and Azealia Banks in February. The two had it out after Badu said she didn’t care for Banks’ music. Now it seems that the beef has been squashed through the same medium it began.
Yesterday (April 12) the Harlem rapper responded to a Twitter user who suggested the two make up. She replied explaining that she thought it was lame of Badu to come at her the way she did. In doing so, it caught the attention of Ms. Fat Belly Bella, who was mentioned in the exchange, and she replied with an apology.
“Sis. 1 thing I know 4sho about YOU is that you r an advocate 4 your folks. For that I humbly apologize.” After reading the tweet, Azealia replied with acceptance for her apology and even went on to explain how much Ms. Badu meant to her and her mother growing up.
“Ok I accept, and unblocked. I grew up on your music and you got my mother thru lots of heartbreak and pain,” she said via a series of tweets. “Was very taken aback and hurt when u threw me shade. I'm glad it's over now. My mother will be happy about this… And i apologize for all the stupid things I said in response. I honestly look up to you and think your incredible.”
This delighted Erykah Badu who replied with a simple “Yes sis” and heart emoji. It’s good to see these two patched things up, especially since they’ve always had a mutual respect for one another.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photos from Left: Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images for NYLON, Rick Kern/Getty Images for Samsung)
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024